Summer Library Assistant
35 hours/week, June 27-August 20, 2022
If you are outgoing, flexible, self-directed, and have an interest community engagement join us at the High River Library. The High River Library is a public library providing a variety of programs and services to residents of High River and the surrounding area.
The Summer Library Assistant helps the Summer Reading Program and Book Bike Coordinators as well as providing backup at the circulation desk and assisting with general library tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out functions related to the circulation desk including answering the phone, checking items in/out, shelving, organizing, dusting, assisting patrons with computers, mobile devices, and library equipment;
- To assist with the Summer Reading Club and Book Bike Coordinators as needed with planning, preparation, execution of in person, take home, or online programs;
- To assist in creating promotional materials—posters, flyers, social media updates, as well as updating the library website;
- To design in-library displays;
- To carry out other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 15 years of age;
- Satisfactory background screening including a vulnerable sector criminal record check;
- Must be available to work day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Work independently and take initiative;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Possess effective time management skills.
- Are able to safely operate an electric cargo bike.
- Experience in presenting programs that support literacy and learning for children of all ages is an asset;
High River Library is an equal opportunity employer. Youth with a disability, Aboriginal youth, visible minorities and new Canadians are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by May 8, 2022 with a résumé and cover letter.
High River Library
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.