High River Library embraces paths to community access, learning and discovery by providing resources, technology, and spaces to support strong community connections.
As members of the Marigold Library System and part of the provincial library network we are able to provide access to over 21 million books, CDs, DVDs, eBooks and other materials. We love feedback so let us know if there's something you'd like to see or do at the library!
- We had 37,894 visits to the library in 2021. This is lower than previous years due the pandemic.
- There are almost 22,000 items in our local collection
- 108,848 items were checked out from High River Library this past year which saved High Riverites more than 1.6 million dollars.
- Patrons ordered 37,241 items from other libraries and we loaned 24,880 items to other Alberta libraries. Combined with local check-ins and check-outs that means staff handled more than 900 items (974 to be exact!) for every day the library was open in 2021.
- 56,963 patrons took advantage of our free wifi in 2021
- 6,488 adults, teens, and children developed their skills, worked on their literacy, or simply had fun at library programs in 2021.
- More than 30% of High Riverites have a library card
For more information, check out our 2021 Annual Report.